For Acharya's Main Website, go to
TruthBeKnown.com

TBK News Table of Contents

Bookmark and Share
Join the TBK Mailing List!
Enter your name and email address below to receive news and cutting edge commentary from Acharya!

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus Christ


I've completely revised and updated my article "The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus Christ."

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/originsofchristianity.pdf

My "Origins" article is the one that started it all, back in the early 1990s. In 1993, I wrote a letter of about a dozen pages and sent it around to some 60 publications, explaining how there was no credible scientific evidence that the gospel character of "Jesus Christ" was a historical figure and that there were many reasons to presume that he was, in fact, as mythical as Hercules.

In 1995, I posted this article online - a revolutionary act at the time, as I was one of relatively few people doing anything in this subject. As such, my TruthBeKnown.com site received quite a bit of traffic, and the article eventually ranked no. 1 in the world for a variety of search terms.

The fervent debate over this article led to me to write a short booklet, which turned out to be a 450-page book instead called The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold. And the rest, as they say, is history! Or mythology, as the case may be.

I have since written extensively about many of the most controversial claims in Christ Con, producing Suns of God, "Who Was Jesus?, Christ in Egypt and much more. The Christ Conspiracy was published in 1999, and it is need of revision. However, I decided to take the original article upon which it was based and revise it as part of a new book project called The Christ Myth Anthology!

The Christ Myth Anthology is a collection of previously published essays and articles, such as can be found in Suns of God, Who Was Jesus? and Christ in Egypt, along with much new research. As I have done with the revised "Origins" article, I have used different sources in order to demonstrate the same thesis, without the difficulties my other sources brought with them.

When you read this newly revised "Origins" article - which is in fact a 30-page ebook for downloading, printing and passing around - you will note the many changes both in the language describing, for example, the various godmen who make up "The Characters" section and in the numerous sources.

http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/originsofchristianity.pdf

This ebook is fully cited, with 286 footnotes and a bibliography listing over 150 sources.

If you haven't read my "Origins" article before, you will be pleasantly surprised, I hope, by the revelations therein. If you have read it previously - or The Christ Conspiracy, which was produced from it - you will likewise be pleased, I hope, to see the new and improved material in the document·

Enjoy - and be sure to keep an eye out for my new book The Christ Myth Anthology, which will hopefully be out in early 2010!

6 comments:

Hector said...

Is a Spanish version available?

Acharya S said...

Thanks for the inquiry, Hector.

No, there's no translation into any other language - yet. It would be nice, but I personally don't have the funds for such endeavors.

Voice of Reason said...

I would like to point out that for some reason the links go to a myspace phishing link for some reason. Might want to fix the links

Acharya S said...

Ugh. Thanks for the heads up. I copied and pasted it from my MySpace blog, and MySpace converts all the links automatically.

All should be fixed now.

Voice of Reason said...

Nice to know and they are definitely fixed. Btw I recently purchased your one book "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Ever Sold" and I must say I am impressed with the info being given. Half of the info in it though I mostly knew such as the amount of forged artifacts/documents that early-christians went through, along with the destruction of various early writings and deliberate censorship from vested interests. I know a lot about early church history so much of that didn't surprise me (I was somewhat surprised that the torture methods they used came from 4 Maccabees). The other half was very good and very enlightening as well. I am currently on the second chapter of your one book "Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha, Christ Unveiled" So I must say excellent work on both books. I will also have to go through your other two books once I finish with Suns of God (I have Christ in Egypt and I am currently waiting on Who was Jesus?). Keep up the good work.

Acharya S said...

Thank you very much!