For Acharya's Main Website, go to
TruthBeKnown.com

TBK News Table of Contents

Bookmark and Share
Join the TBK Mailing List!
Enter your name and email address below to receive news and cutting edge commentary from Acharya!

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Saturday, September 02, 2006

In Search of Religion's Rosetta Stones

I've just had part one of a brand-new three part article published in "The New Archaeology Review," which is a VERY slick magazine. To my knowledge, TNAR is only available online, unfortunately, as a PDR file. I have uploaded it to my site.

My article is entitled "In Search of Religion's Rosetta Stones" and deals with the correspondence between ancient megalithic ruins and astrotheology.

Here is an excerpt:

Today we are in a very exciting period of the relatively new science of archaeology, which has only been in serious development in the modern era for the past couple hundreds years. I say "modern" because it is clear that in ancient times some members of society were as fascinated with the human past as they are today, setting up, for example, remarkable museums and libraries to rival our own. In any event, perhaps it would not be unfair to state that we moderns are just now catching up to our ancestors in some of our scientific capacities, such that we can peer more clearly into our own captivating past. One of the areas in which we are slowly but surely uncovering our amazing roots is the science of archaeoastronomy, or "the study of the knowledge, interpretations, and practices of ancient cultures regarding celestial objects or phenomena," which reveals that many ancient societies were not composed of the barbaric cavemen commonly depicted but possessed astoundingly advanced scientific capabilities. Of course, anyone who has studied the Great Pyramid for even a short while cannot doubt the accuracy of that statement, as concerns the engineering abilities of the people who built it. In addition to such an astonishing building capacity came knowledge of the heavens and earth that even by our supposedly sophisticated standards of today is impressive. I am referring specifically to the astronomical alignments of the world's megalithic ruins, as well as other edifices, structures and sites found around the globe dating back hundreds to many thousands of years. Along with this very profound ancient knowledge of astronomy comes an equally profound, if mystifying, religious development also appearing worldwide. It is to this ancient religion or astrotheology that I would like to turn the reader's attention. It is my conviction that one cannot understand the world's major religions without placing them firmly within their astrotheological context. Devoid of the astrotheological underpinnings, these religions are all shadowy fallacies, no matter how hard one tries to make sense otherwise of them or how much falsified history is attached to them."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Acharya,
Great article, I look forward to the continuation in the next issue.
What is with the Book of Mormon, Christ in America article on page 19 though, are they taking that seriously?
I have read both of your books and am a long time fan, you have made a difference in my life. Thanks.
Larry (redtailedhawk)

Acharya S said...

Thanks, Larry! I'm delighted you read my article (and my books, of course).

I can't answer for the editor/publisher of the magazine, but I did read in his editorial that he is aiming to include a Christian audience. That might explain it.

Obviously, unless I publish my own magazine, there will always be something that I don't quite concur with. I do know that the publisher is taking a risk in publishing my article - in three parts, no less! The next ones will hit a little closer to home, with the story of the sun god (Christ). But, I was very gentle...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found this blog - I get an error link when I go to it. I have to have more on this subject. This is fascinating information. Is there a way to make "In Search of Religion's Rosetta Stones" available soon? I must have it!

Acharya S said...

Thanks for the interest. I'm going to be turning the article into a book, so you'll have to wait!

:)