For Acharya's Main Website, go to
TruthBeKnown.com

TBK News Table of Contents

Bookmark and Share
Join the TBK Mailing List!
Enter your name and email address below to receive news and cutting edge commentary from Acharya!

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving thanks to unsung heroes

In this Thanksgiving season, I had to make a tribute to the great unsung heroes of society. I've been wanting to do this for many years, so here it is -

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-17009-Freethought-Examiner~y2009m11d25-Giving-thanks-to-unsung-heroes

Giving thanks to unsung heroes

An open letter to firefighters, police, paramedics, ER doctors, nurses and other civil servants and social workers

As hard as I work and as much as I try to pitch in to help improve life on planet Earth, there are several jobs it would be impossible for me to do. At this season of giving thanks, I would like to express my appreciation to those who can and do perform these difficult tasks, day in and day out, often for little pay and even less recognition. These are frequently the jobs that few want and that are taken by those who must truly feel a calling. I'm talking about occupations that are not only dangerous but also traumatizing, gory, gross and scary, like...

Please see the following for the rest:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-17009-Freethought-Examiner~y2009m11d25-Giving-thanks-to-unsung-heroes

or

http://tinyurl.com/yl7epj5

I truly mean what I say there - I am so grateful for all the people who help keep together society's infrastructure!

If you agree, please read my article, comment there and pass it around, especially to anyone you know who is one of these unsung heroes!

And have a great holiday - wherever you live, making each day a celebration of life!

No comments: