For Acharya's Main Website, go to
TruthBeKnown.com

TBK News Table of Contents

Bookmark and Share
Join the TBK Mailing List!
Enter your name and email address below to receive news and cutting edge commentary from Acharya!

Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Amazing Love Story: Christian the Lion

I had to make this post, because this story is incredible. I've been a big fan of the wonderful movie "Born Free" since I was a child, so I'm surprised I've never heard this story before.

In 1969, a couple of Australian guys named Anthony "Ace" Bourke (erroneously reported as "Berg") and John Rendall adopted a lion cub they named "Christian," who eventually became too big for them to keep. By chance, the stars of "Born Free" walked into the shop where Christian lived and suggested Ace and John send the lion to Africa to stay with the famous George Adamson, the real lion conservator behind the film.

After a year, Ace and John wanted to see Christian again, but they were told by Adamson that no one had seen the lion in nine months. The blokes decided to go anyway, so George told them it was unlikely Christian would recognize them even if they could find him.

When they arrived, the two fellows were informed that Christian had mysteriously shown up the day before, as if he knew they were coming! They went out to see him and -

You must watch this video. Amazingly beautiful story. The childlike joy on the men's faces is a sight to behold and a reminder of how great life can be.



(The story is verified by Snopes - Christian really did show up mysteriously the day before the chaps arrived to find him!)

John Rendall's story: "Christian, the lion who lived in my London living room"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was beautiful

Acharya S said...

This old softy doesn't mind admitting that she chokes up every time she watches that video...

What a truly angelic expression on the blond fellow's face. So innocently happy! I want to meet him.

Elizabeth F. de Oliveira said...

Stories like this always remind me how wonderful life can be. That only depends on how we look at it.
It really touched my heart.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i feel sorry for the brown haired guy the lion isn't really interested in him. he must have been well put out.

Tessa said...

Thank you for sharing that video Acharya. That was amazing!

Acharya S said...

Anonymous said...

i feel sorry for the brown haired guy the lion isn't really interested in him. he must have been well put out.


I saw the same thing, although the lion was very sweet to him. I believe that's John, while the blond fellow is Ace. It struck me that Ace was less repressed and more childlike and ebullient, which may have been why the two were closer. Animals are very vibrationally oriented, and they can literally feel emotion.

Apocalypstick said...

oh wow. I'm not ashamed to say I cried as soon as I saw the lion meandering down that path. Such a beautiful clip. Thank you for sharing!

shakeitup said...

Hi Acharya and friends,

Let’s face it, if you are an occasional visitor to this site, you are more than likely to be ..well…. unusual. When the word unusual is applied to me, I am now quick to add “ Yes , and usually in a positive life affirming way”.
If you liked this clip, I’d like to recommend that you look up PAUL POTTS 1st Audition in YOUTUBE. (Just type in “Paul Potts 1st audition” in the YouTube search bar). Paul was a cell phone salesman, there was nothing remarkable about him, and yet there was something unusual about him that he doubted the world could appreciate.
I share this in hopes that anyone that visits this sight may be inspired to sing the song in deep in their soul , your song may be a solar invention , a new approach to healing, discovering something new or reinterpreting something old.
I’m in my 40’s. When my thoughts of doubt get to looping of where I “should” be by now , what I “should” have accomplished by now but haven’t , all the coulda woulda shouldas , I go to YouTube and watch this clip. Its incredibly revitalizing. Wishing all the best.

Acharya S said...

shakeitup said...

Hi Acharya and friends,

Let’s face it, if you are an occasional visitor to this site, you are more than likely to be ..well…. unusual. When the word unusual is applied to me, I am now quick to add “ Yes , and usually in a positive life affirming way”.
If you liked this clip, I’d like to recommend that you look up PAUL POTTS 1st Audition in YOUTUBE. (Just type in “Paul Potts 1st audition” in the YouTube search bar). Paul was a cell phone salesman, there was nothing remarkable about him, and yet there was something unusual about him that he doubted the world could appreciate.


Oh, I agree - Paul's first appearance on "Britain's Got Talent" was FABULOUS.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful story and it makes me weep everytime I see it.
Does anyone know of any film clips about the lioness who adopted the baby calf? It too is a wonderful story of love between two species. She nursed the calf for about a week, but obviously couldn't give it milk so it got very weak. A male lion eventual takes it in the night and the lioness greives terribly. She was also seen again with another calf, local tribesman believe she is magical and a sign of the changing earth.

Anonymous said...

Wow ! the Power of Love !!!